Sunday 20 November 2011

Fairy Capsule Wardrobe

In all that literary and artistic excitement I forgot to share the only faerie photos I was actually able to snap, not that they are great, but you'll get the gist.





The idea of a capsule wardrobe is incredibly seductive, but I am not personally acquainted with anyone who has managed it.  I've seen it defined as anywhere from 6 to 20 pieces - per season - with 'reserves' - not counting....t-shirts? shoes? outerwear? exercise clothes? sleepwear? 3 pairs of jeans=1? 




There are endless lists of the 'must-have' pieces (trench coat, white blouse, etc), but they don't make a capsule wardrobe even though there are generally about 10 or 12 on the list.




When I select my colour of the month I come as close as I am ever likely to come of wearing only a limited number of clothes.  This last two years has been an awakening to how few clothes one actually needs, but for how long I could stay interested in that small sub-set, I'm not sure.




Advice on this subject is everywhere - not including women's magazines:

A 10-item wardrobe from Daily Connoisseur
The house burned down approach from Second Cherry
Of course, Gok has something to say on the subject
Even Wikipedia offers advice
And, from the woman who is blamed credited with initiating the idea, Susie Faux




However, I note that even a faery apparently needs nine pairs of shoes (crocheted thread with tiny pearls) and a dozen pixie hats.

No comments: