Friday 16 January 2009

Books (etc) in 2008

This constitutes the rest of the books I read in 2008. I evidently did get out of the A's and into the authors' names starting with B (big accomplishment?). I think I mostly read books I already own, and they aren't on this list. I also rented some DVDs from the library for the evenings when Bill was working in Hull and, as I mentioned Bill and I both enjoy cooking shows, I checked out some of Jamie Oliver's that the library had on offer for free. They were quite entertaining.

Looking back on this list, the authors I would still most highly recommend are Jill Paton Walsh and Geraldine Brooks.

Bill Bryson’s African Diary – Bill Bryson
Knowledge of Angels – Jill Paton Walsh
The Red Hat Society’s Domestic Goddess – Regina Hale Sutherland
March & People of the Book – Geraldine Brooks
Agnes Grey, Anne Bronte
Son of War – Melvyn Bragg
The Professor – Charlotte Bronte
The Rules of Engagement & Leaving Home – Anita Brookner
The Emigrant’s Farewell – Liam Browne
Invisible – Jonathan Buckley
Second Glance – Jodi Picoult

Jeremiah Johnson (DVD)
Girl with a Pearl Earring (DVD)
Atonement (DVD)

Make Your Own Jewelry Using Metal, Wire, Paper and Clay – Ann Kay
Hairdressing: The Foundations – The Official guide to S/NVQ Level 2
The Little Book of Quick Fixes for a Spotless Home – Bridget Bodoano
Introduction to Macrame – Jim Gentry
Small Gardens - C.E. Lucas Phillips
Excellent Employment – Hiring the Best People to Help Your Business Grow – Ann Andrews
Ladies:
a guide to fashion and style – Claudia Piras
A Girl for All Seasons – a year in high heels – Camilla Morton

Jamie at Home (DVD) & Jamie’s Kitchen (DVD) – Jamie Oliver

No comments: