Friday 23 May 2008

Brooks' Books

Well, I've been completely absorbed yesterday and this morning by Geraldine Brooks' People of the Book. It is set in several different countries in several different centuries and I couldn't put it down. It's about the history and preservation of a very old and valuable book; that's all I'll tell you. You must go get it for yourself!

Jane brought me Brooks' first book, Year of Wonders. It was also a page turner but, I warn you not for those inclined to be depressed. It's about the plague and whilst it's not without some positive thoughts, it is very sad.

She's written a book called March, a Pulitzer Prize winner, apparently. I'm definitely going to find that and the others she's written. I'm in awe and feel blessed to have discovered another brilliant writer.

No comments: