Thursday 13 February 2014

Roasted Seeds

I've always read that roasted pumpkin seeds were delicious so I tried it one November when we were preparing pumpkin for Thanksgiving pies.  Can't say I cared much for them.

However, being of a particularly frugal turn of late I thought I'd try it again with butternut squash seeds. I have to say they are delicious.  I'm not sure if it is the size of the seed, but the directions I found this time emphasized using olive oil and a sprinkle of salt.  



I can't think of anything I wouldn't love made with oil and salt.  Definitely worth doing, this.

2 comments:

Gam Kau said...

I cook butternut squash all the time, but have never thought about roasting the seeds. What a brilliant idea!

Shelley said...

Gam - I never thought of it before, either!? I think that's one of the amazing things about frugality - new ideas pop up all the time!