Friday 14 February 2014

Another Weird Thing

I've never been a fan of those stick-on hook things, not trusting them much, but I bought a pack of them some time ago to hang a mirror in a window so I'd have a good light for putting on make-up. As another exercise in vanity I try to keep my fingernails fairly neat.  My Mom had beautiful hands but neat is the best I'll ever manage. My nails have never been strong enough to grow very long, but as I get older they are weaker than ever, plagued with ridges, chipping and splitting.  I keep them painted with as neutral a shade as I can find, usually ones meant for 'french polish', both as a means of 'neatening' but also to provide some protection.  




In addition to nail polish (they call it 'varnish' here in Britain), I try to remember to use gloves when I'm washing dishes.  Bill and I trade off kitchen duty for periods of time and I would sometimes forget, my gloves lost at the back of the cupboard under the sink.  Until I decided to hang them inside that cupboard door, with one of those stick on hooks, a rubber band and a clothes pin.  

1 comment:

Thrifty Mom In Boise said...

Brilliant! Very clever! I have the same trouble with my nails too. I keep them "neat". I wish I could use rubber gloves but I hate the feel of them as well as the rubber smell they leave behind on my hands.