Wednesday 8 June 2011

Year of Style – June

Romance is the theme for this month…probably something to do with weddings. Other than the very occasional Royal Wedding, I have to say that weddings are one of the least interesting subjects I can think of, so I don’t think about them much. I know I'm odd that way.

Frederic’s advice includes:


Shop for clothes after a pleasant lunch, when you feel relaxed. If you are tense, you will never be satisfied with what you find. (Also, I might add, you’ll choose clothes that include room for lunch, but I don’t think he intended that part).


Keep a sun hat in the back seat of your car. I hate wearing sunglasses and much prefer a hat.


Buy a pair of hoop earrings. They are so pretty with a summer dress and a tan.   I’d like to say that they are just pretty. Tish at A Femme d'Un Certain Age is always going on about these. They make you look French, she says. I think it works with or without the tan.  A word of caution:  creoles and studs around your ears along with hair scraped back into a ponytail, track suits and too much make-up (or none at all) is not a good look.  I think it's called chav.  I'm just sayin'... but then they probably haven't read Tish or Frederic, right?

No comments: