Friday 9 April 2010

Wining and Dining

I showed you the kitchen, the china and the silver yesterday.

This is where it gets put to use: The State Dining Room. Of course the walls are decorated with gifts from all over the world.


It is now available for Corporate Events.


Just in case the menu isn't legible, allow me to transcribe:

Sample Dinner Menu


Amuse-bouche

~

Ravioli of Scottish lobster with a light saffron jus

~

Roast fillet of Beccleuch beef, glazed fondant potato,

Caramelised shallots and a red wine sauce

~

Carpaccio of pineapple and

Lime syrup with a coconut sorbet

~

Parfait of dark Valrhona chocolate with sweet candied orange

~

Coffee and hand-made petit fours


Aperitif and Wines

Bollinger, Grande Annee 1999

Condrieu, Chapoutier, Rhone 2004

Chateau les Ormes de Pez, Grand Cru Bourgeois,

St Estephe, Bordeaux 1996




Looks like surf and turf with some reasonable plonk and a little short on the veggies, if you ask me. I do love the place setting, though.

1 comment:

Pauline Wiles said...

You're right, very short on veggies! I could give it a whirl just once, though :)
Strangely, I would have expected the room to be somewhat darker and more grand...