Monday 11 May 2020

Garden

I've been busy making a map of the gardens here, front and back. The back was easy, being rectangular. The front isn't a rectangle and the brick walks are irregular, there was the problem of how to measure the arc of the bay window and the semi-circular (more or less) south facing garden space.

I've been reading a book on garden design and I know I like a cottage style, nothing formal or regimented. I've made a list of plants I'd like to grow and the colour scheme I have in mind for the front. I'm certain that we haven't enough space to do all I'd like, but one has to dream big, right?

Then I contacted the local (ish) garden centre I knew were delivering. I ask for a great number of bedding plants (having looked up the definition) and for potting compost and a picture of any trellis they had. She rang back a week later, the time frame I expected. She thought I was asking for too many plants and she asked for some photos of my garden.

So that was another project, to send photos and explain what they were. Waiting to hear from her again. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the thing we already have in place.







No comments: