Sunday 9 November 2008

Back from Prague

I have a confession to make. I wasn't posting from home last week, but from Prague. I know it's silly to think that anyone would actually target my blog, work out where I live (it is vaguely possible, but you'd need specific insider knowledge and that's all I'm going to say about it) and burgle my house, but even so I choose to be pretty anonymous online. So I didn't broadcast that we were away.



We are back -- as are Jane & Chris for a few more days -- and I just have a few minutes while J&C are out on a shopping trip and Bill is out for a run (isn't he being good?). I should warn you, I took PICTURES while we were away. Having been to Prague before, I wouldn't probably have chosen to go there, though it is an amazing place. However, with Bill having a week's leave to use by the end of the calendar year and with the invitation from his dear sister and brother-in-law, it was an automatic choice. Having a digital camera made the trip for me. My only limitations were the life of the re-chargeable batteries (we took the re-discovered charger with us) and the capacity of the memory card. I had a great time. You might guess you'll be seeing a few pictures (ha).



The other news is that just before I left I invited 55 people for Thanksgiving. Yeah, I know, insane. They won't all come of course, but I'm waiting to see how many accept. It's only a few so far. One of the things I'm planning to do in the next couple of days is a 'mini-Thanksgiving' with Jane & Chris, as they won't be here for the party. I don't know what that means yet, exactly, but we'll figure something out.

4 comments:

Rick Stone said...

Curious. Do you celebrate Thanksgiving America style or is this also a holiday in the UK? I always thought of this as a truly American holiday. Inquiring minds would like to know.

Shelley said...

Dear Inquiring Mind,

We celebrate American style and that is the attraction for Brits, being invited to a 'real American Thanksgiving'. Except I do the party on the Saturday night following Thanksgiving as it is not a holiday in England. I understand they do celebrate Thanksgiving in Canada, but possibly on a different day. I've no clue about how this relates to Canada...

Anonymous said...

I am starting to think about what to fix for Thanksgiving as well. We will have a traditional dinner, which included Rick's mother's sweet potatoe recipe. Don't do dressing, mothers recipe is way too rich so we don't eat it. First I have to come up with a salad recipe for our last campout.

Anonymous said...

Canadian Thanksgiving is the 2nd Monday in October. The turkey (and supporting cast) is eaten on Sunday or Monday; either day we are thankful for a three-day weekend!