Saturday 29 April 2017

And Another...


Well, what can I say? You find what you like and that's what you do. 




Funny enough, these used to be my favourite colours, back when I was in school, though they've never particularly suited me. Mostly I liked brown, I think because I thought it made me blend into the back ground - definitely wallflower material...or maybe just a mouse. I still don't mind brown, thinking of it as a variation of my mouse brown hair.



I think another reason I liked these colours is that my Grandmother (Mom's mom) always liked them. I only knew her with beautiful white hair, but I think perhaps she may have had reddish brown hair when younger. In real life, Mom's hair was likely a middling brown but when I first knew her (does that sound right?), and for all the years until she went grey, she had auburn hair. Both Mom and Grandmother surrounded themselves with earthy colours.



And it didn't hurt that they were way popular in the 1970s, when I was a teen. I don't wear earth colours any more, but these colours of yarn were what I had on hand, so they were what I used - in diagonal rows with brown trim all around.

2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

It's beautiful!!

Bev said...

I love your granny squares. They are decorative & versatile. Great job using up what you had on hand!