Friday 13 September 2013

Grandma's Birthday


I've no idea when this was taken but I would guess Grandma was about 16, which would mean it was taken around 1906.  She wrote her name on the photo, as she wrote names on many photos.  She never was a great beauty, but she always loved her clothes and she wasn't camera shy.

I wear her engagement ring most days alongside of my mom's wedding ring; I didn't want more jewelry when Bill and I married.  Grandma's wedding was 20 February, 100 years ago.



2 comments:

sanda said...

My mother had the habit of writing on photos as well. But at least we're lucky enough to have them, aren't we? Very nice that you're waring your grandmother's and mother's rings.

Carolyn said...

That's a lovely picture. I think it's charming that you are wearing your grandmother's and mother's rings. Such a lovely legacy :)