Thursday 27 December 2012

Old Cedar Chest


I had another project in mind for an old cedar chest that belonged to Mom and Daddy.  Not this one!  Another one.  I think cedar chests were big in Mom's heyday.  




Anyhow, this one had a lovely burled wood veneer on it, but it looked as though it had sat under a leaky roof at some time.  The finish was curled and chipped beyond help.  We decided to just strip off the veneer and paint it the same shade as the walls in the front hall.  



We bought a coat rack to nail on the wall and Bill painted it the same shade, so we now have a more practical coat hanging arrangement in the front hall.






It's not a dramatic change, but renovating that chest has been on my wishlist for a long time.  I'm very lucky that Bill likes doing this sort of thing, as I doubt I'd ever tackle it.

Do you like renovating furniture?

No comments: