Friday 29 February 2008

Great Minds Think Alike

I’ve not been keeping to my running schedule very well. It’s the usual excuses: the weather, too busy, too tired, sore from my last run, I can’t be bothered basically. As a consequence I’m not making any progress in my fitness goals and I’m getting fed up with myself. It crossed my mind that if I went public with my goals I might be a bit more likely to stick to them. I think this guy must have been reading my mind or maybe it’s not such a novel idea, using one’s web log for such purposes.

So, my public goal is that I get out and go for some/any old sort of shuffle 4 times a week. That’s more like back in the good old days when I was fit (NB: my definition of fit is being able to do a half-marathon comfortably on a whim, ideally under 2 hours, but who knows if I’ll ever get back there again). Soon as I post this, I’m going to have to account to you whether I kept my commitment. Hmmmm...go on, girl, push that button!

No comments: