Saturday 1 January 2011

Happy New Year!

I love the 1st of January!  Not only because Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Eve are all behind me, but there is a whole new year of blank pages in front of me.  I love new beginnings - New Year, birthdays, new seasons - just like I used to love the first day of a new school year.  It was scary but also exciting.  Nothing beats a new notebook, pens and books.  


Not only is it a new year, but a whole new chapter, with Bill soon to be semi-(as in about 90%) retired.  I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with his time and how his retirement influences what we do together.  

All this exuberance gets dulled down to my usual level by about mid-February, sure, but right now I'm full of optimism.  And today, I'm going to enjoy writing 1/1/11 (feeble, I know).

Happy 2011! 

3 comments:

Jo said...

Happy New Year!! Enjoy filling those blank pages, we enjoy them as well.

Rick Stone said...

Happy New Year to you and Bill. Hope he enjoys being retired as much as I have.

Pauline Wiles said...

Yup, new beginnings are fabulous! I'm trying to limit my resolutions to basically eating a bit better... oh yes, and build a new business from scratch :)
Best of luck to you & Bill with the retirement transition - it's certainly a significant change for a partnership.