Wednesday 10 February 2021

Strange Lights

Somewhere around Christmas I read that it was OK to leave the tree and decorations up longer this year as they lifted peoples' spirits. I had a think about this but still opted to take it all down in the first week of January as per usual.

I did suggest to Bill we try putting some lights up, though. We have red lights in the dining room (red is supposed to stimulate appetite, not that ours generally is in need of help) and white lights along the stairs. I had it in mind they would be on the bannister, but Bill put them on the ground.




These have turned out to be rather practical, lighting our way without having to turn on either the downstairs lights (even if I did feel that turning on the upstairs lights produced a slightly better photo).




We may need to keep those even after the pandemic (if such a thing happens). I see the neighbours across the street left some lights up in the doorway between kitchen and dining room, also some on one of the trees in their back yard. Another neighbour has lights up in their conservatory. 


Have you done anything to keep a festive/light-hearted spirit in this dark time?


No comments: