Wednesday 22 April 2020

The Reason We Went

When I told Bill what I'd been doing all morning (writing that last post) and I explained about the three posts concerning our trip to Easingwold, he asked if I had this photo (which I didn't). He pointed out I'd not mentioned the whole reason we went. Which was so Bill could hand over as the coordinator for Northumberland to the next area that is supposed to organise a 100-mile walk, South Wales. I understand they were well underway to doing this planning, including having a garage full of food. That food has since been donated to the local food bank.

That's Bill on the left.


I'm really glad that Bill just organising and assists with 100's, he doesn't attempt to do them. However, one of the guys in this photo did the marshal's walk in Northumberland last year and made a pretty neat video of it, showcasing Northumberland. The weather was much kinder to the marshals than to the actual walkers the next week, but you takes your chances with these things.

David's video is pretty wonderful, I thought, not to mention a decent soundtrack. 


No comments: