Sunday 19 December 2010

Just Swish and Flick

I finally finished off the Christmas tree this afternoon.  Putting up an 8 foot tree with 65 years' worth of decorations (Mom started collecting in 1945) and enough lights to satisfy Vegas is never a one-day job, but more a work in progress over several.  


Simon was disappointed that I hadn't yet put on the icicles when he was here, but that is the very last step.  All the kids seem quite fascinated with the icicles and seem to think they are what 'make' the tree.  I have to agree.  

I always remember how particular Mom was about how they went on and I found myself thinking that there is a very specific hand and wrist movement I only ever use for this purpose.  Now, if I could just learn to levitate the things onto the tree, I'd be dead chuffed.

6 comments:

Tote said...

The tree looks so pretty!

Rick Stone said...

We finally put up out tree Friday evening. Personally, I'd just as soon skip it but we have the grand daughters coming over tonight and we'll have Jo's family the day after Christmas. Our tree is starting to shed and probably needs to be replaced. We've had it about 20 years now.

It has been interesting to watch Bridgit around the tree. She has shown an interest in the packages that she can smell have candy in them.

Katherine said...

looks lovely Happy Christmas!

Jo said...

Looks great. Happy Holidays to you.

Anonymous said...

passez un bon fétes de fin d'année.

Pug1 said...

Your tree is beautiful! CHEERS! Michele