Monday 9 February 2009

Under the Weather

Sorry to have been 'silent' for so long. Last week Bill got hit with a stomach bug and I caught some sort of cold that sent me to sleep about 20 hours a day. We were a right pair for a while, but it seems to have passed now thankfully.

Now we have ice on the pavements. The rest of the country seems to have snow -- snow drifts, even -- but we have a light sprinkling of snow hardened into ice. I skated between the back door and the cabbage patch and decided no running for me. I suppose I could drive the short distance to the beach rather than risk falling but you know what? I'm not going to.

Today I have been writing emails to people I've not been good about keeping in touch with, in spite of the fact that I've sent 87 emails to people thus far this year. This -- the 87 and the 15 sent today -- requires lots of typing. I've invited all those people here to this blog and now I'm writing this really scintillating post that is sure to keep them coming back for more, right (not)?

Never mind, like my running and the weather and Bill's disposition of late - it can only get better.

1 comment:

Rick Stone said...

Sorry to hear you have been down. Know how it feels.