Saturday 28 February 2009

Blogiversary

I think someone stole January and I've obviously mislaid large parts of February -- I just don't know where the time goes. I've been writing this blog for a whole year now and I can't quite believe it.

I've had very modest success -- which apparently peaked in October. I believe this may be due to a glitch that redirects people from something about caravan sites in the UK to one of my posts about Square Foot Gardening. Also, I'm guessing a lot of people got covered hangers for Christmas as there seemed to be a fair amount of interest in my post about that; I'd no idea the economic climate was quite that grim.

You wouldn't believe the gyrations I went through to get this graph for you: pull data off statcounter, save as excel spreadsheet, do printscreen into word, copy the picture into Paint; edit and save. Open in picture viewer and crop... Actually I love making graphs -- I used to do it for a living way back when -- and messing around like this is a big part of the fun, I think.

I would recommend blogging to anyone who enjoys writing even half as much as I do; please let me know if you decide to launch a blog! The pleasure I've had from fiddling with this is what really makes me count it a success. In addition, many of my family and friends keep up with our doings via the blog and it is principally for that audience that I write.

I haven't actually met my goals as yet, however. I set myself the target of posting 20 times per month and I've only achieved that on 2 occasions. Also, all that money I plan to make on advertising, etc.....right.






No comments: