Monday 8 June 2020

From Some Walks

I've skipped over a lot of photos taken while out on walks. I'm not walking miuch these days. I've been trying to get out and run / jog / hobble short distances each morning when I wake, sometime between 5 and 6 AM. It took a lot of time to get used to doing this first thing but experience tells me that a) I'll put it off indefinitely unless it is first thing and b) there are a lot fewer people out to dodge at that time in the morning. I'm hoping to increase my time/distance gradually in the coming months, but we'll see how it goes. One thing is for sure, it doesn't facilitate taking more photos. So I'll share a few here:





Does anyone know what this plant is? It grows well in the gardens right on the seafront at Cullercoats. I really like the grey-green foliage.





St Paul's Church in Whitley Bay, is beautifully lit, only one of the lights was malfunctioning and the flashing light / giant tree gave it more a Frankenstein air than one of lovely serenity.







 Monkseaton moon at dusk.




This lighthouse on the roundabout at Whitley Bay is a piece of art, perhaps 6-7 feet tall.




Tulips against a stone wall at Marden. I'm sure Bill thought I was barmy, dashing off to snap this. I just love stone walls ... and pink tulips. 

And besides, beauty comforts me.



No comments: