Friday 17 June 2016

Catching Up

Gosh it's been busy since we got back from Ireland! We've been to a wedding, had Bill's sister and brother in law stay with us, been to Cragside and we'll soon be going to another wedding.




Makes me look back to my afternoon with Vivien with fondness. We just walked down to the beach for a meal at Riley's Fish Shack (two shipping containers on King Edward's Bay, one for the kitchen, the other for seating.) Of course we chatted non-stop, but it was restful all the same.





It was a beautiful day, but chilly. Our food was a while coming but well worth the wait. That said, I like to be warm and comfy when I eat, so I doubt I'll ever be a major fan of Riley's. But I've long been curious about this place, so it was good to have the experience. Box ticked!

Then we called into Lola Jeans on the way back, to have a leisurely cup of tea. I love the decor there.

1 comment:

Bev said...

I'm with you, I like being cozy when I'm having a meal. I love the chandelier and unicorn! What a great pic!