Tuesday 5 August 2014

Western Scotland


I've heard a lot about the Western Highlands but have never visited. So far I can tell you the scenery is dramatic and that it is either sunny and warm or hammering down rain all day and all night. Bill came home shivering, having walked up Ben Nevis with his friends in the deluge. To each his own: I was happily stitching a patchwork bag on my sewing machine, very grateful the motor home was proving water tight!



I've had a brief encounter with the famous Scottish midgies, but can't say I got bit (though I may have jinxed myself by writing that.) I plan to stay indoors at dusk from now on.






Given my experience of a lovely nap in the sun, I would try more of Western Scotland (in spite of the fact it is now bucketing down again!) 



2 comments:

Gam Kau said...

This looks lovely, despite midges and rain! I have always wanted to visit the West Highlands. A friend of mine recently took a ferry from the west coast of Scotland and spent a week on a very quiet island and said it was fantastic.

sanda said...

So you are in Scotland? Great photos.