Thursday 26 November 2009

Happy Turkey Day!


I'm wishing you a sumptuous harvest feast in the company of people you love. We are doing our Thanksgiving celebration on Saturday with about 20 friends as, obviously, this is not a holiday here in the UK. The 2nd of three 16-19 pound (7.4 - 8.6 kg) turkeys is cooking as I write. The party marks the day when my house is at its cleanest which may not be saying much this year.

If you are not in the company of feast and family on this day, for whatever reason -- or even if you are -- can I suggest the making of a Gratitude List? I always think there is little point in being rich (as undoubtedly we all are if we just had the right perspective) if we don't recognise it. If you don't think you are wealthy, then list half a dozen of the things you value most and then put down how much money you would trade them for. Most of us have quite a number of things we would count as 'priceless' -- what better definition of wealth?

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving Day!

3 comments:

Rick Stone said...

And a happy Thanksgiving to you, also. We are staying home today. Alex is here as is Jo's mom. Bill & Nancy are bringing my folks up in a little bit for Thanksgiving dinner. We are thankful that we still have our folks with us. Jo's mom is 89 and both of my parents are 90.

Anonymous said...

Hope your party goes well on Saturday. We had my mother, Rick's son, dad, mother, brother, and sister-in-law (Nancy) over for dinner. All went well and everyone got filled. We got by with just a turkey breast instead of a large bird. All is put away, cleaned up, and everyone has left (Rick's mother can only sit with others for a short period before she is ready to go) and I am kicking back. The best to you and yours.
Jo

Shelley said...

Kicked back...sounds wonderful. I can't wait! Still, fingers crossed, all is going well. No cooking catastrophes yet!