Thursday 20 August 2009

Parting Shots of Chicago

Did I mention that we were 24 hours late for our flight home?


That we were supposed to fly on the 13th and I was making a birthday card for Emma whose birthday was the 14th?


That Bill decided we weren't arriving but departing on the 14th and I took his word for it?


That the woman at the airline desk first mentioned paying $900-something plus taxes to get home -- EACH?


That I was thinking of camping out in the airport for a week instead?


Never mind. She did a great job of typing and phoning and Bill 'only' had to fork over $500 to get us both home in the end. Still a lot of money for a completely avoidable error (we will be checking these things in future). On the other hand, Bill says he enjoyed his second day in Chicago so much, he doesn't regret the cost. The amazing thing is that I'm inclined to agree.

1 comment:

Boywilli said...

I didn't see what all the fuss was about. We have an old family tradition of staying an extra day. Not only did I have a wonderful time in Chicago but I got rid of some of my points with a free night in a Holiday Inn. Mind you, the Holiday in at Skokie has got to be one of the worst on the planet