Sunday 24 May 2009

Trading Up


I'm still quite new to the world of selling on the Internet and it still amazes me that it actually works! To date I've listed 3 pieces of jewellery and sold 2 (for 35 p and £2.70, each with a listing price of 1p). Of the 20 or so books I've listed on Amazon, 7 have sold, one within a couple of hours. I still have tons to list but it does take me ages - nearly an hour per item on Ebay, though Amazon is a bit easier.

However, you can only list items Amazon actually sell new, and the books must be identical to what is listed. I have several books that came free with Eve magazine and,frankly, I can see why they were given away. On those in place of an ISBN number, it says NOT FOR RESALE. I could list them on Ebay, but I thought why not find books more likely to sell from the ones on off to trade at the pub?

So I took a picture and did some research. I've found 5 books that look like they might sell; 4 of which after looking them up look quite good to read as well! That's not cheating, is it? I call it making an 'informed choice.'

No comments: