Tuesday 10 June 2008

Wise Counsel

I went to the beauty college yesterday to have my haircut tidied up a bit. I did say it was only passable, though they were all quite complimentary about what I had accomplished. Well, they would be, wouldn't they?

While the woman was working on my hair, the instructor was watching. Another student came up to ask advice from the instructor about her practical and written exams which are coming up, this being the end of the school year. Apparently their were problems between the student and another instructor. I noticed the young girl looked quite helpless about the whole thing, though she did seem to recognise she was being given some solutions to the situation.

The lady standing behind me made some suggestions and then admonished the student: "Don't let someone else determine your future for you." I thought it was a sterling thing to say to the girl and the thought has stayed with me the past 24 hours. Who knew beauty college instructors had such wisdom to impart?

No comments: