Saturday 31 May 2008

Happy Birthday to Me



I thought about writing 52 things about me, but even with my advanced state of self-centredness, I couldn’t bring myself to do it. Suffice it to say this whole blog is actually about me and we’ll leave it at that. OK?

Having scaled back considerably on spending money since leaving work I found myself really looking forward to opening my birthday presents, nearly as much as when I was a child. Bless him, Bill is my chief benefactor and he’s done well for me. I’ve got a fair number of the gifts I asked for and a couple others that were surprises.

The BIG gift was not one I asked for: a new camera, far in advance of what I’ll ever use (complete with 178 pages of instructions…). However, I buckled down and worked out how to do the basics and it’s not too complicated.

Tonight we are going to dinner at a restaurant in Tynemouth, The Arch.


No comments: